Dubbing Loop Shrimp Fly Tying Tutorial
The Dubbing Loop Shrimp is a fantastic saltwater pattern when you need something quick. Ideal for bonefish on the flats of Belize, the Bahamas, or Christmas Island. We have also used this critter to entice the ever-wary Florida snook and redfish in the surf, on the flats, or at the dock light. This bug is even a great carp crawler when tied in smaller sizes.
- Hook: TMC 811S #4-8 or equivalent
- Eyes: Bead Chain Eyes, Medium
- Thread: Fluorescent Fire Orange 140 UTC Ultra Thread
- Tail: Tan Craft Fur
- Legs: Fire tip Sili Legs-Clear/Fire Orange
- Body: Cohen’s Carp Dub, Alfredo Cream, spun in dubbing loop and picked out.
His fly fishing writings have been published on blogs such as the Daily Drake and Simms Wading Room.