Machining a fly reel is as much art as it is skill. Just as a perfect loop flying over the water is a thing of beauty crafted by the caster, the Evolution R is the culmination of our engineers’ and machinists’ artistic and technical prowess.
The Evolution R is not only lightweight, but also incredibly rigid and durable, with a unique geometry that is as functional as it is stylish. The innovative shape of the ultra-large arbor spool is engineered to force the even winding of the line across the face of the spool as it is retrieved – something never before seen in a fly reel.
The new drag design is also an industry first: a fully sealed, bonded carbon fluoropolymer and stainless steel interface that delivers smooth power in a lightweight, compact package. Start up inertia is virtually non-existent to protect the most delicate of tippet. The Evolution R’s extremely wide range of brake adjustment also manages to produce some of the highest drag pressure found in a fly reel.
This all is controlled by a subtle yet striking, frameintegrated drag knob that blends perfectly into the form of the reel. Its solid grip allows for easy manipulation of settings – even while wearing gloves. Couple this with the canvas phenolic handle, first introduced by Ross Reels, the on-the-water functionality of the Evolution R is second to none.
- • All models less than 4.5 oz
- • Fully machined from 6061-T6 proprietary aluminum alloy
- • Industry leading power-to-weight ratio in a fully sealed system
- • Proprietary bonded carbon fluoropolymer and stainless steel disc stack
STAINLESS STEEL INTERNALS
- • All internal components are machined stainless steel CUSTOM HANDLE MATERIAL
- • Fully machined canvas phenolic rod, resting on a 7075-T6 chromated aluminum post yields reduced weight and increased grip when wet
- • Type II anodized for the perfect
(You will receive an e-mail after you purchase this reel in which you can reply and indicate left or right hand retrieve.)
Made in the USA, to see other gear we carry that is made in America, click here.