The all new Scott Meridian Saltwater Fly Rod build on Scott’s award winning ReAct technology to bring you a series of saltwater rods that are remarkably light, and generate exceptional line speed and power.
Using increased recovery speed rather than stiffness to more efficiently transfer energy, Meridian rods help you quickly make accurate casts at any distance in demanding saltwater conditions. You’ll be amazed at how fast you can get the fly from your hand to the fish.
Meridian rods are fit with newly designed components that defy harsh saltwater environments. Scott designed a new reel seat milled from aircraft grade aluminum, featuring self-indexed slide hoods, extra deep knurling to easily turn lock rings with wet hands, type 3 mil-spec hard coat in non-reflective flat black, and line weight engravings for quick rod identification in boat racks.
The new fighting butt shape and transitional check ring help to quickly shed line if it gets caught on the butt by reducing sharp angles that can trap line.
Stripping guides feature SiC rings in full titanium frames and Recoil nickel titanium snake guides for low friction and corrosion free performance.
These rods will truly last and perform in the salt even under the rigors of fishing year around. Scott focused on every detail so you could focus on the fish.
- -REACT – Brings together X-Core with a new complex materials and taper system to dramatically increase recovery speed.
- -X-CORE TECHNOLOGY – Enhanced feel, incredible stability, and unequalled performance. X-Core combines the industry’s most advanced composite technologies with cutting-edge design.
- -MIL-SPEC III – Anodized reel seats and Ti titanium guides offer the highest levels of corrosion resistance.
- -ARC – Advanced Reinforced Carbon reduces torque and increases strength.
- -HANDCRAFTED IN THE USA – Built from beginning to end in Montrose, Colorado.
Made in the USA, to see other gear we carry that is made in America, click here.