This Abel Vaya Fly Reel comes with a custom paint job in the Native Brown Trout color scheme on the reel and drag knob. The handle is of zebra wood make, and the full effect is nothing short of breathtaking. Machined, built, and painted in Montrose, Colorado; this is a piece of fly fishing art that Duranglers is very excited to have on our shelves.
Crafted by avid Colorado anglers, the Abel VAYA Fly Reel series debuts an all-new technical look and feel paired with outstanding performance. The partially-ported VAYA frame offers a unique combination of minimized weight, incredible rigidity, and just enough surface area to highlight Abel’s hand-anodized finishes. The frame interior also features varying sets of CNC-milled fly patterns, relevant to each size of reel.
The large-arbor spool features a precision-balanced, dual-pawl drag engagement design that eliminates the need for a counterweight. The spool’s mechanical incoming click compliments the audible, smooth feel of the outgoing drag. The carbon / stainless multi-disk drag system produces substantial resistance while providing a wide range of adjustability for delicate tippet.
VAYA: the new ‘go-to’ reel for everything from freshwater to light salt.
- Partially-ported frame for the perfect balance of weight, sound, and visual appeal
- Different sets of milled fly pattern silhouettes on the interior of each frame relevant to the size of the reel
- 5-disc alternating carbon/stainless steel drag stack
- Large arbor for faster retrieve and reduced line memory
- Quick-change spool design with proven O-ring release
- Available in sizes 4/5, 5/6, 7/8
- User convertible retrieval system
- Made in the USA