When it comes to throwing bigger bugs on smaller lines, no rod does it better than the Sage METHOD. The 9 foot 5 weight METHOD has become one of our absolute favorite sticks for sending bugs the distance. Lately, we have found this rod to be one of the best sink tip lake lines when stripping deep running damsel and streamer rigs. We have also found this to be a fantastic big water, big bug rod. When the situation calls for long, pinpoint casts with stoneflies and hoppers (such as on the Rio Grande), the Sage METHOD 5 weight is the answer!
You didn’t become an expert caster just to say you did. And you didn’t do it overnight, either. You practiced, fished hard, and got better because you wanted to catch more fish, more often. You paid your dues, and you met the fish on their own terms, which meant getting the fly out to places they felt the safest: out of the range of merely average casts. Fast action rods have always been a part of your success, and the new Sage Method Fly Rod gives you more of what you love most. Like our fastest line speeds to punch through the wind and to carry the biggest, bulkiest, heaviest flies in your box out to where they can strut their stuff.
- -All-water rod
- -Ultra-fast action
- -Konnetic technology
- -Magma red shaft color
- -Rust primary thread wraps with Pewter trim wraps
- -Fuji ceramic stripping guides
- -Robust guide set
- -Black rod bag with Magma colored silkscreen
- -Fusion Red powder coated aluminum rod tube with gloss black end caps and silver medallion
- -Freshwater 4 – 6 weights
- -Cocobolo wood insert and black reel seat components
- -Snub-nose, half-wells grip
- -Saltwater 6 – 10 weights
- -Black aluminum reel seat
- -Full-wells handle with fighting butt
Please account for an additional 3-5 business days for delivery on backordered rods.
Made in the USA, to see other gear we carry that is made in America, click here.