The Complex Twist Streamer is a play on the Complex Twist Bugger, invented and made famous by the creative mind of Cheech over at Fly Fish Food. With a few changes, shop employee Matt has been using this bug on our local waters as a go-to streamer when just hitting the water. The profile of this bug more mimics that of swimming and fleeing sculpin, which is a staple here on the Animas River.
Stripped, on the swing, or dead drifted, we have been filling our boxes with Complex Twist Streamers and Buggers. Give this technique a try, it makes fast work of fly tying night wnen filling your streamer boxes for trout, bass, and even steelhead!
- Hook: Gamakatsu B10-S Stinger streamer hook 4-6
- Cone: Brass Cone Head
- Weight (optional): Lead Wire Wraps .025
- Thread: Black 140 UTC Ultra Thread Olive
- Tail: Black Barred Rabbit Strip, Natural
- Body: UV Polar Chenille, Olive Copper
Schlappen x2, Olive and Brown
- Head/Veil: Senyo’s Laser Dub: Black, Olive, Sculpin Olive
- Loon Gator Grip (For Complex Twist Technique)