The Ross Animas Fly Reel takes the time-proven features that made the original Animas a guide favorite and incorporates new machined features that bring it into the modern era of Ross.
A fully-redesigned frame and spool are highlights of the new Animas. The spool shows off the cutting-edge manufacturing techniques Ross Reels has developed, delivering a design that is incredibly strong and visually stunning. The Animas also re-joins the family by incorporating an ultra-light canvas phenolic handle which gets tackier when wet. A new trouble-free spool release yields zero-maintenance performance, allowing the Animas to be ready for any fresh or saltwater excursion.
The frame is accented by a machined silhouette of the Colorado mountains in Ross Reels’ backyard. Its uniquely ported design and structural profile are eye-catching industry firsts. The two-tone drag knob sports an updated aesthetic with a lower profile and increased grip. An improved composite drag system delivers more power in an established Ross design used and loved by more than 80,000 fly anglers the world over.
- FULLY REDESIGNED FRAME & SPOOL GEOMETRY – Bell-shaped, Ultra-Large Arbor, Intricately machined details
- REDUCED WEIGHT & INCREASED STRENGTH
- MACHINED CANVAS PHENOLIC HANDLE
- TWO-TONE ALUMINUM ACCENTS
- MAINTENANCE-FREE SPOOL RELEASE
- IMPROVED DRAG – Composite-Disc Drag with Stainless Steel Interface, Time-proven design
- LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
Made in the USA, to see other gear we carry that is made in America, click here.