Mark your calendars, our class and events schedule is up!
Want to learn to fly fish, or grow your fly fishing skills this year? Well, we just scheduled a whole host of things on our events calendar. Check them out below.
Orvis Fly Tying 101 and 201 Classes
The Orvis 101 class will be a FREE introduction to fly tying, while the 201 expands on basic tying knowledge to teach intermediate techniques for $100 per person. Tools and materials are provided for both. Preregistration required.
- Fly Tying 101 Dates: Jan 21st, Feb 11 & 25. 11am-noon
- Fly Tying 201 Dates: Jan 31st, Feb 28th. 5:30-8 pm
Orvis Fly Fishing 101 and 201 Classes
The Orvis Fly Fishing 101 class is a FREE hour-long basic introduction to fly fishing at a local park. The 201 expands on the basics with a 2-hour on water lesson for $75. Gear provided as needed. Preregistration required.
- Fly Fishing 101 Dates: March 11th & 18th, April 8th & 15th, May 6th & 13th, June 3rd & 10th.
- Fly Fishing 201 Dates: March 25th, April 22nd, May 20th, June 17th,
Open Tying Nights
Grab your vise, tools, and materials and come hang out at the shop with us. Now is the time to fill your box for the coming season. There is no cost, just a time to hang out and tie your favorite bugs!
- Open Tying Night Dates: Jan 19th, Feb 16th, March 16th, 6-8pm
Specialty Clinics – Held at Duranglers Shop
- Free Stillwater Fly Fishing for Trout Clinic – All you need to know to effectively fish our local lakes and reservoirs. No registration, just show up! Jan 28th, 11-noon
- Free Streamer Basics Clinic – All you need to know to effectively fish streamers. No registration, just show up! Feb 4th, 11-noon
- Fly Tying with Foam Class – Come learn to master this colorful material and maximize your summer success. $100 per person. Tools and materials are provided. Preregistration required, for intermediate fly tiers. Feb 7th 5:30-8pm
Winter Guide Trip Special
Did you know we offer a special winter rate for our guided trip, through the end of February? If you really want to learn something, get out and learn how to catch trout in the winter on the Animas or San Juan rivers.