Fishing the San Juan?
Staring April 1st, 2014 New Mexico fishing license purchases will now be handled online via NM Fish and Game. This means you can now get legal for the San Juan River from the comfort of your own home!
Instructions for obtaining a NM Fishing License
Click the button above. If you have never had a New Mexico license click “create a new account” and fill out the form then follow steps 1-5 below.
If you have had a New Mexico fishing or hunting license in the last 3 years, you should be in their database. You will most likely not know your username or password because they were set by New Mexico, so click “Recover Account”. Fill in your name, date of birth and last 4 digits of you SSN and click “Find Account”.
This brings up the “account recovered” window. You will find you username here and will need it to log in. Type in the password you want to use and click “Reset Password”.
This will bring you back to the first screen where you need to login with your user name and password.
If you are not able to recover your account just click “create new account”.
Buying a License
1) Once logged in go to license sales and click general license sales, click “agree” to the terms and conditions. The next window shows the license options.
Fishing License Options:
|Season (April 1 thru March 31 of next year)||$56.00|
2) The $4.00 Habitat Management and Access Validation is required only once per season for everyone except persons under 18 years of age.
3) There will also be a $1 Required Internet Fee changed.
4) If you are just fishing the San Juan River below Navajo Dam you DO NOT need the $5.00 Habitat Stamp. This stamp is only required if fishing/hunting on US Forest Service or Bureau of Land Management properties in New Mexico.
Total License Cost, if fishing the San Juan below Navajo Dam.
|Season (April 1 thru March 31 of next year)||$61.00|
5) Click review order and if correct add to cart then continue to checkout and pay with credit card. Then print your license and sign it.
Again, to purchase a New Mexico Fishing License, click here: