With all the technology put into the Sage R8 Core Fly Rod, one thing instilled into this rod is the fun factor. Light and responsive, but filled with soul; the R8 Core has quickly become one of our absolute favorite fly rods to fish for trout here in Colorado and New Mexico. With any day on the water offering a chance to fish nymphs, then dries, and finished out with streamers: the R8 Core makes it a joy to cast any kind of bug to any kind of trout.
The Sage R8 Core Fly Rod has the ability to handle dry fly lines with long heads, increasing loop control when carrying long lengths and making precise casts to rising fish, all while making it easier to turn over long leaders for technical feeders at range. A sensitive tip section to protect light tippets, the Sage R8 Core has a versatile balance between lifting power and delicacy which provides perfect synergy for nymph fishing. Then, a powerful butt section easily throws a wide range of streamers and accommodates a full lineup of sinking tip lines while also quickly pulling aggressive fish out of structure for increased landing success. All the while, the R8 Core holds true to what an amazing trout rod should do: cast smoothly, mend extremely effeciencly, and keep fish buttoned when hooked up on light tippet.
The Sage R8 Core Fly Rod is focused on maximum versatility and applies new revolutionary R8 material technology through a forward-thinking lens of what anglers are seeing out on the water – where one rod needs to show even greater range. At its core, R8 Core traces a direct lineage to Sage’s multi-application / fast action vision, one shaped by the fishing evolutions happening all around us—from habitats we stalk and waters we frequent, to the flies we fish and the diversity of species we now target. Coming in a range from 3wt to 9wt, with a variety of lengths from 8’6″ to 10’0″, there’s sure to be a model to fit the core needs of every freshwater angler.
- Revolution 8 Technology
- Silver Pine blank color
- Slate primary thread wraps with graduated White and Grey trim
- Fuji ceramic stripper guides with hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Laser etched line weight on slide band
- Black rod bag with new quick-tie cord lock for faster, easier, and cleaner storage
- Aluminum rod tube with Sage medallion
- 3WT – 6WT
- Premium Flor grade snub-nose half-wells cork handle
- Sustainable Ziricote wood insert with anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat
- 5WT – 9WT
- Premium Flor grade full-wells cork handle with cork/EVA fighting butt
- Gunmetal anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat
- Integrated hidden hook keeper in reel seat
Made in the USA, to see other gear we carry that is made in America, click here.