Take your kid fishing, Kyle has been! Heck, take someone fishing and show them the joy of this great sport. The amount of stoke that will be shared cannot be measured.
What is the key to an adventure like this? Proper preparedness and the right gear.
Take Your Kid Fishing Gear:
- • 1 child (or more than one if you are so inclined/brave/blessed)
- • 1 kid carrying backpack
- • 1 Duranglers youth cap
- • 1 pair of Patagonia Gunnison Gorge wading pants (pants make it easier and not as sweaty to carry the backpack; plus the Gunnison Gorge pants have great front pockets for snacks)
- • 1 pair of Patagonia Foot Tractors (you want the utmost stability with precious cargo)
- • 1 Redington Dually Switch 5 wt loaded with SA Siege Fly Line (for less strain when casting whilst holding a child, a quick roll or spey cast works wonders while carrying the kiddo)
- • 2, maybe 3 flies (A two year old does not leave a lot of time to actually fish, it’s a game of patience)
- • 102,484 snacks. Seriously, this might be the most important
- • 1 Fishpond Arroyo Chest Pack to hold your 3 flies and 102,484 snacks
- • A chill, patient attitude. The most important thing to remember is that it is not about the fish you catch, but the time you spend outdoors with your kid. Plus the first time out, they will probably be into it for about 5 minutes. Don’t worry about it, just have fun!
Start them young and get out there!
Show your kids the joys of fly fishing at a young age…
…and wear them out.